RSS

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The First Assingment





At Monday Class, at the creative writing class, I was asked by my teacher, Mr.Dalih about what is reality? One of the answer, something can be considered as real when it can be sensed with either one or all of the five senses of ours as a human. So, something is real if it can be seen, touched, heard, smelt, or tasted. I agree with this, but one thing that I believe is not all the things that what our five senses are felt is real, because…if it is lthe case…then why there is a lie in this world? A lie is something that can be heard by usa, right? But a lie is not real right? So, in my opinion not everything that we can sense with our senses is real.

What we actually see maybe is a hallucination, what we actually hear maybe is a lie, what we taste maybe is an imagination, what we smell is maybe a deceit, and what we touch maybe is an illusion. It is not something real, yet in our thought we consider it as something real. So in my opinion, no matter what, something can be consider as a reality…only if a person believe that it is real (because as you can see in the reality, a person that suffers mild depression disorders will see the world with different reality that us who is normal, even though in reality we live in the same world).  

And in here…I will tell you, what my five senses believes as something real. This is my reality…and what I believe is something real. 

1.      Sight (Describe the appearance of your favorite place)

I have a place that I always like, both in the reality and in my imagination. In my eyes, the place is always so beautiful and perfect, like how people will describe a heaven in the story. No matter what kind of book, and what kind of the story it is, heaven is always a beautiful place, fill with perfection and serenity. I like the place…it is like my own personal heaven.

It is a beautiful clearing, with a small pond filled with the clear waters that comes from a small stream in the middle of it. The water is so clear you want to jump in it, to feel the coldness of the water, or at least, lie beside it, hears the stream with your eyes closed, and just let the peaceful and comfortable breeze touch your skin softly. But the most beautiful sight there is the red color surrounded the pond. Deep blood red roses cover the clearing; the color of the deep red ruby gives a contrast beauty with the crystal like surface of the water in the pond. 

For me the place presents two sides of a human’s self, two sides of myself as a human; a cheerful, childish enthusiasm of a child at the daylight with the sunlight that is reflected by the water of the pond that look so dazzling, and the mysterious, ethereal lustful and sensuality of an adult at the night with the pale moonlight that is reflected at the rose bushes. Two sides of a clearing…two sides of human’s self that enjoy it.

2.      Smell (Describe the stench of something that disgust you)

 In this world, the scent that I hate the most is the smell of the wet garbage, either because it is mix with the water from the garbage itself or because of the rain, especially the one that are never taken care of by someone and just left in a place for a long time already. For me, the water at the garbage makes the smell becomes stronger and more foul. It makes me uncomfortable when I smell it.

The smell is a smell that I never wish to smell. Various smell, from the wet soil, rotten foods, dead bodies of mice and other small animals that like to live at that kind of place, and other things…it  all mixes together, in that dirty place, and gives a foul smell that make me just want to vomit when I smell it. It is uncomfortable, especially if I must smell it for a long time since it feels like the smell suffocates me in the scent of unhealthy environment and poverty.

3.      Taste (Describe the taste of your favorite food)

I have many favorite foods in this world, but one of the foods that I like to eat is the vanilla bread with chocolate filling that is made by my favorite’s bakery in my hometown. The taste of the bread is so wonderful for me. The sweetness of the vanilla bread and the bitterness of dark chocolate as the filling of the bread mix together in my mouth when I eat it. The taste blend so nicely, creates a sweet taste of bread, especially when we try to savor the taste slowly. The wonderful mix of sweet and bitter of the vanilla and the dark chocolate really make me want to eat the bread again and again every time I have opportunity to eat it.

4.       Hearing (Describe the sound you first heard this morning).

This morning, the first sound that I heard when I open my eyes to the dimness of my bedroom is the sound of the tickling clock that I put beside me. The tickling sound give me a soothing feeling, it is like a melody of a music that tingles my ears. The sound hypnotizes me, like tell me to go to sleep again, to let myself drown in the world of the dreams once more and with that I slowly feel back asleep.

And the second time I wake up, it is because I heard a loud ring of the alarm clock that I already set up the night before. The alarm is loud, it gives a direct order for me to wake up from my sleep and face the world of reality. The sound immediately makes me open my eyes and got up from my bed to start my day.

5.      Touch (Describe the texture of something (your shoes/ sandals))

The surface of my shoes is kind of rough, since it makes by a similar material like the one that makes a jeans. The rough surface clearly shows actually the shoes is not meant for a girl like me, or if it is for a girl, it is not for a feminine type that likes to wear frilly and bright hells or flat shoes. No, the shoes clearly show me as a boyish girl who never like to wear hells or anything girly like that. There is nothing to decorate the shoes, like a ribbon or maybe cute drawings or all. The shoes are plain, with the rough but elastic shoelace tied to it in the middle. The shoes is slightly wet too since it is not dry enough yet after I dry it off after walking with it through the puddle of the rain yesterday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment