RSS

Friday, March 1, 2013

My Life Experiences Until I can become a Student Here



All along in my life, I like to consider myself as normal, it means that there are nothing unusual and weird about my life, whether it is about myself or what happened all along my life. It is normal, peaceful life. Everything is ordinary.

I born in hospital, like many other babies in this world are. I also normal, meaning I don’t have any sixth sense or anything unusual to make me considered as an indigo. My parents are normal, not too rich, not too poor either, background family is normal (except I have two younger cousins that can be considered as an indigo because they can see ‘ghosts’ but they are not me, so let’s not focused on that). My educational background is normal too, I don’t have any pressure from my family to go their way, I free to choose my own ways for my education, except in the religious field, they chose Islamic-private school in my hometown for my elementary and junior high school (for my senior I can go to public school). So…there is nothing unusual to describe me and my life experience. If there is one thing that can be considered unusual in my family…it is the tendency to choose Universitas Gadjah Mada as the university we must go.
In my family, there is one rule that applied to any child in the family, it is that they must go to study at Universitas Gadjah Mada when we graduate from high school. Not believe it? But it is real! My parents, my uncles, all my cousins, all of them had been graduated from here (different faculty of course but all of them graduate from Universitas Gadjah Mada) because of that since I was a child I had been told that if I can go here and I have a requirement for this university, I must go here. So…that’s why I choose Universitas Gadjah Mada at my university (it is kind of like an obligation, right? But believe me, I go here in my own free will). 

Why choose English literature department, then? Because here it is where my two passion, English and writing, combine together. I like writing since I was a child, maybe it comes down from my father. My father worked at Cultural and tourism department and he wrote many stories, poems, even coordinate many cultural events in order to introduce our local culture to the society. I like to read his works since I was a child and I think that what triggers me to try to write my own story. My parents always told me to explore and improve my writing skill better and now when there is a department that gives me a chance to do that why I not take it? That’s why since I heard that there is a literature department in university, I always want to go to that university (but as I said, I choose to go here). And English…I love English since elementary school (I learn other foreign language too at school actually, Japanese and Korean), and since my grades for English always good, I choose English literature because stupidly (I hope I am right) I think between all the others literature department this is the easiest department, plus I already have basic skills for enter the department (What? Learn English since elementary and take course at junior high school, that’s many skills to learn, right?) (I hate Arabic since junior high school, I don’t like French, so I don’t want to go to French literature department either. And I like Japanese and Korean but don’t have any basic skill to go with it because I just learn words and several simple sentences at my high school, so I don’t choose both departments). 

So that’s why I come here, become a student at English literature department of Universitas Gadjah Mada. I hope I will not regret my decision to go in here, and true, until this second I never regret it. I love to be a student in this department...and wish to learn much from here before I graduate (which hopefully won’t take a long time).

0 comments:

Post a Comment